WellStar Health Systems Director of Pharmacy in hiram, Georgia
At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Director of Pharmacy shall provide oversight, direction, strategic planning and coordination for the operational,
clinical, financial and related services provided by the assigned WellStar hospital.
The Director of Pharmacy will be positioned to collaborate with the other directors in the system to ensure the best
decisions are made regarding policies, procedures, and systems that support safe, effective and efficient medication
use. This will include leadership in the design, operation and improvement of the organization’s medication use
Services shall comply with the policies and procedures established by the WellStar Health System, federal, state and
local laws governing the practice of pharmacy, and the standards and requirements established by the regulatory
agencies (e.g. TJC, Medicare, State Board of Pharmacy, etc.) supervising the provision of health care.
Required Minimum Education :
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited School/College of Pharmacy required. PharmD preferred.
• Advanced Management degree (MBA or MHA) preferred.
• Completion of a Pharmacy Residency Program preferred.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification :
• Actively licensed and in good standing (no restrictions) with the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy required.
Required Minimum Experience:
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the specialized functions of a hospital pharmacy.
• Seven (7) to ten (10) years in hospital pharmacy practice.
• Three (3) to five (5) years in a supervisor/manager/director of pharmacy role.
As an alternative, minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience supervising/overseeing the work of others
combined with a total of 10 years of pharmacy experience.
• General knowledge of hospital financial systems (responsibility reports, budgetary process, billing programs, etc).
• Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement. Experience with 3408 Drug Pricing Plan highly desirable.
• Knowledge of the various pharmacy technologies available.
• Knowledge of computerized pharmacy systems; preferably hospital based computer systems.
Experinece with in at Long Term Care/Skilled Nursing facility with at least 100 beds is strongly preferred.
Required Minimum Skills :
• Demonstrated leadership qualities.
• Ability to supervise both exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Ability to work with other Hospital and System leaders.
• Ability to address Medical Staff Leaders on issues pertaining to pharmacy.
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
• Strong customer service attitude.
• Moderate computer skills (Microsoft Office).
• Ability to think/act independently as required by situation – adept at change management.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country. The WellStar culture of caring has also been nationally recognized three years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”. Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today.
WellStar is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any status which is protected by local, state or federal law.
Facility WellStar Paulding Hospital