WellStar Health Systems Chief Officer Digestive Health in marietta, Georgia
The Service Line Chief serves as the physician leader of the WellStar Health System Digestive Health Service Line with respect to certain medico-administrative matters involving the delivery of Digestive Health services in WellStar Hospital Outpatient Departments and inpatient care at WellStar Hospitals. This leadership position assists executive leadership in shaping and managing the implementation of the WellStar Health System Digestive Health Strategy in addition to conducting active clinical medical practice in his/her specialty. The Chief Digestive Health Officer has the following responsibilities:
• Assists in the creation of an ongoing quality and performance improvement plan and program for the delivery of Digestive Health services in the WellStar Health System.
• Annually, or more frequently as necessary, recommends to executive management goals and objectives of the Digestive Health Service Line in keeping with the organization’s strategic plan and the need to maintain contemporary and innovative programs and services.
• Makes recommendations for new and innovative programs, services and technology for the Service Line in keeping with the organization’s strategic plan.
• Recommends measures for building and maintaining staff, both physicians and non-physicians, dedicated to the best patient care and quality of work.
• Reviews and recommends advances in Digestive Health services and changes in technology which will impact on patient care and the Digestive Health Service Line.
• Assists in addressing concerns or complaints by patients, families and/or physicians.
• Participates in the oversight of all clinical activities within the Digestive Health Service Line including cooperation with management/administration in matters relating to personnel, supplies, policies and procedures and operations.
• Serves on WellStar Health System committees and task forces as requested by the Chief Executive Officer of WellStar, or his/her designee.
• Prepares and submits reports related to the Digestive Health Service Line which may be requested by WellStar from time to time.
• Serves as a recognized and respected leader within his or her chosen field of endeavor.
• Participates in the development and monitoring of budgetary and other financial indicators and benchmarks for the Digestive Health Service Line.
• Supports the mission, vision, goals and values of the WellStar Health System.
• Serves as a member of, and Chairs, the WellStar Digestive Health Cabinet.
• Is responsible for assisting in the integration of the Digestive Health Service Line into the functions of the organization, and the development of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services and purchase of supplies.
• Assesses and recommends contracted services for needed patient care provided by the Digestive Health Service Line.
• Performs such other responsibilities assigned by the Chief Executive Officer of WellStar, or his/her designee.
This position works collaboratively with the hospital administrators and operational leaders at all sites as well as
WellStar Medical Group leadership to ensure that the service line meets all of its goals. The position reports
directly to the Executive Vice President, Chief Clinical Integration Officer.
Required Minimum Education: M.D. or D.O. degree from a recognized medical school.
Required Minimum Experience and Skills:
• Preference for at least ten years’ experience as a practicing physician in a system healthcare setting.
• Board certified in his/her medical specialty.
• Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Georgia.
• Preference for at least two years of medico-administrative leadership experience.
• Business acumen to oversee the Digestive Health Service Line in fiscally sound, professional manner.
• Working knowledge and experience in managing clinical operations, resource utilization and management, quality performance and improvement, medical informatics, financial planning, budgeting and development of new programs and clinical service lines.
• Exposure to the managed care environment and an understanding of the need to align the physicians’ interest with the interest of the WellStar Health System and to assist WellStar in charting the organization’s future direction and success.
• Proven accomplishment in developing, maintaining and improving the cost effective delivery of high quality services.
• Qualify for and maintain membership on the Medical Staff of a WellStar Hospital.
Required Minimum Skills:
• Demonstrated leadership skills and knowledge.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively in a community hospital setting.
• Excellent physician relations skills and previous experience in growing volume.
• Skills in relationship development and collaboration across a matrix environment to establish coordinated plans for growth and delivery of Digestive Health services for WellStar Health System.
• Proven, effective, and innovative business development expertise, experience, and skills gained within organizations known for leading edge program development and a commitment to excellence.
• Skills including strategy development, program evaluation, budget preparation, and execution of programs and services to achieve quality standards.
• Excellent understanding of clinical and technology trends related to the delivery of healthcare services.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening, and presentation along with the confidence to favorably represent the organization in both formal and informal settings.
• A firm commitment to delivering high quality healthcare services with an unparalleled commitment to customer service as a necessary component for success.
• The ability to build an organizational culture, which embraces compassion, accountability, respect and excellence to support achieving the goals of the organization.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country. The WellStar culture of caring has also been nationally recognized three years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”. Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today.
WellStar is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any status which is protected by local, state or federal law.
Department Chief Officer Digestive Health
Facility WellStar Medical Group