WellStar Health Systems Director of Billing in marietta, Georgia
At WellStar we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Under the management of the AVP Revenue Cycle; the Director of Billing plans, coordinates and controls all Billing department activities including, but not limited to supervising, training, interviewing, hiring, counseling and terminating employees, as circumstances dictate. A primary role involves the development of strategies for establishing a continuous improvement work environment and daily operational control for all government and non-government billing functions and ensuring compliance with all State and Federal Billing regulations. Enforces organizational policies and procedures to ensure quality guest relations, high staff productivity, appropriate cost controls and effective operations. Assists the AVP Revenue Cycle with any departmental tasks and requests, as needed and other duties as assigned.
The Billing department is structured around the director, supervisor responsible for government billing and a supervisor responsible for non-government billing, with additional support from lead personnel. This structure is subject to change as dictated by business needs and / or strategic organizational direction.
Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, healthcare or related field is required.
Master's degree preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
• Minimum four (4) years of progressive leadership including director level responsibility in a complex
• Minimum four (4) years of experience experience in managing hospital billing operations.
• Multiple facility billing operations through a centralized CBO.
• Experience with LTAC billing
• Must have a thorough understanding of healthcare revenue cycle functions, operations and collection
• Experience in performance improvement and change management.
• A proven track record in the management of government and non-government billing is preferred.
Required Minimum Skills:
• Knowledge of state and federal regulations as they pertain to billing processes and procedures.
• Knowledge of insurance claim processing and third party reimbursement.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, computer, problem solving and writing skills, with a “take charge”
• Must be comfortable interacting with physicians and senior management.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills for written, verbal, presentation, and computer communication required.
• Knowledge and detailed understanding of all negotiated agreements.
• Knowledge of the principles of Information Systems in order to effectively analyze and make decisions.
• Skill in good oral, written, and interpersonal communication.
• Skill in problem solving in a variety of settings.
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
• Ability to operate a computer and related applications. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and
• Ability to apply appropriate supervisory, management and leadership techniques in an operational setting.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Ability to demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and to operationalize that learning.
• Ability to deal effectively with constant changes and be a change agent.
• Ability to deal effectively with difficult people and/or difficult situations.
• Ability to willingly accept responsibility and/or delegate responsibility.
• Ability to set priorities and use good judgment for self and staff.
• Knowledge of and experience in using Epic and McKesson STAR is a plus
• Must be familiar with the general functioning of hospital patient accounting systems and with electronic
claims processing and editing systems.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country. The WellStar culture of caring has also been nationally recognized three years in a row by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”. Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today.
WellStar is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any status which is protected by local, state or federal law.
Department Director of Billing
Facility WellStar West Georgia Medical Center